She has already started her independence by pretty much weaning herself from breastfeeding. Over this last month she has wanted to nurse less and less and go play more and more, which was easier with a bottle! So i dropped one feeding, then another, and over the last week i was just nursing in the mornings. Then this past weekend was race weekend with lots of people and I worked today, so the past two days I have not nursed her at all and she doesnt seem to miss it, so I guess the time is up for her to start whole milk! It is rather bittersweet, but at the same time, I am ready for my freedom! I was determined to nurse her til she was close to one and I succeeded in that, so i am satisfied with myself and her for being such a great nurser. I have a little bit more frozen milk and some formula to finish that was already opened, but by her 1st birthday she will be on whole milk.
Another big update is that have a walker! She is cruising around the house now. She will take breaks after 8-10 steps by either stopping to catch her balance or hold on to something to rest or turn, then go again and she is so so proud of herself! But with walking comes boo boos and we had our first big boo boo on Saturday morning, she had walked really far and was doing so well but just trip on the carpet and fell into the couch and of course hit the hard corner instead of all the cushions. She also now has 3 teeth that have cut through and one cut into her lip, so we had our first busted lip and gushing blood. She of course cried and at first i didnt know if i was going to get the bleeding to stop, but with ice and pressure on it, it stopped. After a few minutes and thanks to distractions with Heather, grandpa and Scott, she was off playing again with a big lip! Here are some pics right after and she is already smiling! It looks great today and you would never know she busted her lip! Kids are amazing!

No comments:
Post a Comment