Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My 1st Mother's Day!

First off, Mother's Day was bitter sweet for us all, especially my mom and me without Shoo Shoo ( my mom's mom). After I would call my mom in the morning for Mother's Day, i would then always call Shoo Shoo, it was hard not to make that call this year. But on a happier note this was my 1st Mother's Day Weekend and for us we celebrated over two days. Saturday was my grandmother's 80th bday party and since all the family was together then, we celebrated for my mom as well.

For mom Jen, Lisa and I got all the kids together for professional pictures of all the grandkids! The kids did really well when we went and we gave them to mom on Sat night. She knew nothing about it and of course she cried. She had been wanting a picture of all the grandkids for a long time, so glad we could all make it happen.
Also from David, katelyn and I, i made a shutterfly book for mom with pictures of her mom and dad and she and her siblings growing up. Then i did pictures of my brothers and me growing up and of course cant leave out the grandkids, they were in it too. It took me a long time to do, but to see how happy and sad she was, made it all worth it!

Ok now to my Mother's Day! We went back to Rocky Mount to stay with David's mom. We had a wonderful lunch and more of David's family came over to celebrate with us. David and Katelyn got me a beautiful picture frame with designs on it and framed one of our beach pictures we took at Easter! Thanks hun, I love it and our family we have created!
My parents got me a wonderfully written 1st Mother's Day card and a beautiful rose bush, i have to figure out where to plant it. Lyn also got me a beautiful Vera Bradley purse, i love it! And my sweet brother in law even got me flowers! So I think I made out pretty good!

Strawberry Shortcake, yum!!

It's more fun to play in than eat! Thanks Aunt Kathy! Your the best!

Family photo!

Gigi and Katelyn!

My Mother's Day kiss from my baby!

Pretty little princess!

No comments: