Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Jess and Eli's Visit to NC

Jess, my roommate from college, and her youngest boy, Eli, came for a long weekend from Texas to meet Katelyn and hang out at the beach! Eli is 3 1/2 months old and Katelyn is now 7 weeks, so for Jess and I to be able to catch up some, my mom, david's mom and then my dad came down to help out with the little ones, which was wonderful and such a huge help, but I actually think the grandparents had just as much fun as jess and I did.

We picked up Eli and Jess from the airport and headed down to Atlantic Beach, the kiddos cried a good portion of the car ride, until of course right when we were going to cross over the bridge, they both gave up and were asleep! The rest of the weekend Jess and I hung out on the beach, watched movies, and went to dinner, just like the old days. We also had several photo shoots with the kids and they did great! They even sported their ECU Pirates shirts, maybe some future alumni! It was a great time to catch up, but as we both said, boy how the conversations have changed with both of us being moms. We decided too that this needs to be an annual trip so we can watch the kids grow up together, but next year Eli's big brother Caleb needs to join!

We unfortunatley had to take Eli and Jess back to the airport on Monday night and the kids this time slept the whole time, which was so nice and a great way to end the time together. Here are some pics from the weekend.







3 comments:

Angie Cowan said...

Katelyn looks like the happiest, healthiest baby I've ever seen! She's obviously enjoying life with her Mom and Dad very much. Congratulations to you all...what a lovely family!

Our Family said...

so cute! I love the matching pirate outfits! Glad yall had a good time!

Grandma Brown said...

Oh my! Katelyn's first date! Maybe it was a good thing her dad wasn't there. I doubt they'd be sitting that close. Precious pictures of two beautiful babies. I miss playing with them both.