Thursday, May 21, 2015

Broken Arm

Well we had our first x rays and it was a definite break! Katelyn was getting a snack and next thing I hear is her crying and laying flat on her back at the bottom of our brick steps. She was scraped up and holding her arm funny, but it never swelled or look bruised and she slept through the night that night. The next day I sent her to school and informed her teacher she was holding it funny still and to watch her and let me know if she complained. Her teacher text me at the end of the day to say she never complained, but did continue to hold it funny and was very protective about it. We were suppose to go to the beach that night, but she still wouldn't move it even though I knew she wanted to go to the beach, so we headed to Orthopedic Urgent Care. The PA there is Chris and he was fantastic with Katelyn, she attached to him quickly. She started moving her arm more for him too, but when he would touch one spot she would flinch, never cried though, so he suggested to still get X rays. Katelyn did fantastic with this and very soon, Chris came back in and said, "Well, what color cast you want!" I was shocked, I really didn't think it was broken, but Katelyn very quickly responded, " Hurricane Red!"






So Hurricane Red she got and she did fantastic getting the cast put on and has a blast getting everyone, including her classmates to sign her cast! She has been a real trooper through it all! Hopefully in 4 to 6 weeks, she will be completely healed!

No comments: