Feeding Uncle Wes blueberry muffin!
That afternoon was her party and it was a hot, but wonderful day for a pool party! We started her off in her birthday dress, but she was so hot in it, we soon changed her into her bathing suit, so she could enjoy the pool with her cousins and friends.
The cousins from both sides of the family!
Thanks to our parents who helped get everything ready for the party. Thanks to Unlce Wes and Heather for all your help transporting table and chairs, cooking, and helping decorate! Thanks to dad and David's uncle Ray for grilling all the 48 hamburgers and 48 hot dogs and almost all of it was eaten! They were a hungry bunch!
The cooks!
We werent sure how Katelyn was going to do with her own little cake, because she has only had pieces of cake before, never a whole cake in front of her, but she was a pro and dug on in! I think she thoroughly enjoyed herself and her cake! We have some video too and i will try to upload it at some point.
After cake was presents time and she wasnt too interested in opening her presents, but she loved seeing what was in each one and was so excited to play with them and the outfits she got were precious and I cant wait for her to wear each one!
After the festivites slowed down, the child crashed for her late afternoon nap and I eventually had to wake up her so we would sleep that night, but I think katelyn and I know her parents had a wonderful 1st birthday!!
Doesnt she look all grown!!
The great grandmothers with the birthday girl! We miss you shoo shoo and Ama B!
Mary Kathryn, my childhood friend and maid of honor, and her little boy James who is 6 months old.
Emily, my friend from high school and whose wedding David and I met at! with her little boy Barnes who is 5 months old.
Ahma, Grandpa, me, and the birthday girl!
Gigi and the birthday girl, who is more interested with what is in the cup!
Sheila, her daughter Barker, who i babysat for starting when she was one, now she is going to graduate high school! Time flies!
Maggie, her husband Corey and their little boy Caleb, who is 3 weeks older than Katelyn. Maggie and I are childhood friends!
Erin and her littlest one Gray, who is 5 months old, another good friend from nursing school.
Natalie and her boyfriend Jamin, one of my good friends from nursing school!
All of Katelyn's goodies! thanks everyone!

No comments:
Post a Comment