Monday, November 3, 2014

Welcome Julia Claire!

We finally made it to November 1st, induction day, after a week of dealing with two sick girls. So thankful they are well and fever free for over 24 hours by today. We waited for a phone to tell us they had a bed available to go in for induction, but the call never came, so by 9am, I called and they informed me it would probably be lunch before a bed was available. So David and I went and ate at Cracker Barrel and then went to do some errands I couldn't do during the week with girls sick. During this time, I felt like I was really starting to have stronger contractions and finally by 12pm, the nurse called to say we could head to hospital!

So when we arrived and they put me on the monitor, I was already contracting on my own and dilated 3cm, so Julia Claire for sure was coming! After I had my two doses of antibiotics, I got the epidural, and Dr. Rush broke my water. This was around 6pm and I was dilated 4cm. By 630pm, I was having a lot of pain and pressure, just felt different than with the other two deliveries, so I received a bolus on the epidural and the nurse checked me and I was 6cm. Pain continued and I flipped from side to side and finally by 715, I was like I need to push. Nurse checked me and I was 10cm, and in came Dr. Rush quickly. By the time she gowned up and they let me start to push, it was 725pm and Julia Claire arrived at 736pm!! She was 8.2 lbs and 21 inches long. Initially, she looked like Katelyn, but with Haley characteristics too.

We were just so thankful and grateful for another healthy baby girl!

Here is Haley napping on Julia Claire when sick.

Last pic of family of 4

Girls giving Julia Claire a kiss

Welcome to the world, little bruised and swollen, it was a fast entrance!

Gigi and Julia Claire

Uncle Wes and Julia

Our room and date

Ahmpa and Julia Claire

Aunt Heather and Uncle Wes

First bath given by Ahma


With Dr. Rush, thank you!

Sadly, we didn't take any pics of David and myself right after she was born, it all just went fast, especially when Julia Claire nursed for almost an hour after birth! But we did get some the next day!

No comments: