Once again I put it off and put it off taking Katelyn to see Santa until the last minute. Last year it just never happened, this year we would pass him at the mall and the line would be long and she would just wave at him from a distance. We talked about Santa some and tried to prepare her, so at Bass Pro Shops they were doing free photos with santa, so Katelyn and I headed up there yesterday. They were doing fast passes, which meant you would go get a pass and come back at the time it said and you would be first in line, of course during the week they werent doing this, only on the weekends, so when we got there at 11, there was a 45 minute wait. She wasnt going to make it that long, so we went home ate lunch and she took a good nap, so then we headed back out to Bass Pro Shops around 3 and there was only a 15 minute line! I was getting her all prepared and she was excited to get a sucker and she watched all the other kids go up to him.
Then it was her turn, she walked up until she got about a foot from him and stopped. I tried to pick her up and put her in his lap but that didnt happen. Tears come flooding down, so Santa said just hold her and you sit, so that is what we did. I still didnt think we would get a good picture, but it turned out pretty good, despite the tears! Sometimes i do wonder, as parents, why we torture our kids like this, but oh well! We got a picture and wont see Santa again til next year and maybe then she will be excited to see Santa and sit on his lap!
I still prefer her to know the true meaning of Christmas foremost! So she has nativity sets and loves playing with those and she can point out baby Jesus and Mary.
Hope everyone remembers that " Jesus is the reason for the Season"!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment